Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bunny rabbits chasing small children




I was walking down the street yesterday and turned the corner towards the house and looked up to see a hole in the side of our house. The windows are coming today so I guess it is time to create the openings! The house looks amazing with the old siding peeled back and all this light streaming into the kitchen.

While trying to leave a message on Rob's cell about the big hole in our house, I noticed a bunny rabbit bounding down the street behind a woman, a stroller and a small boy. Rob has a funny message on his machine as it is me trying to get the lady's attention. The image of the bunny bounding down the street was enough to make me start to yell "lady, lady" trying to get her attention. I thought that it would make the little boys day but the time they looked the bunny was gone.

Rob got a second voice message explaining the situation and more importantly, the list of changes in the house in just two days. The old insulation is now gone upstairs from the rafters and the small bedroom closet is framed. The basement is full of support posts and then of course the new light source. Seeing the progress helps make all of the effort feel worth it.

No comments: