Sunday, March 8, 2009

End of Third Week On-Site





We came to the house today to find the front steps gone. They have finished insulating the basement from the outside on three sides of the house. Now they have to bring a special machine to go under the porch.
As for inside, it is all about framing. One photo represents the new supports for the second floor. The other represents the kitchen wall being gone and how the new entrance from the dining room relates to the centre hall. If I had good photos from upstairs I would show you the exterior walls for the dormer that are being built inside ready to go up after they punch a hole in a roof this week!
The other event this week was the Ottawa Citizen photo shoot. Rob and I had fun with the photographer trying to find fun ways to show the house in this state.

2 comments:

NP said...

What did you end up doing with all your old windows? Did you go with replacement windows? If so, where did your old windows go? If you still have them somewhere onsite, I'd love to take them off your hands. We're looking for windows that match some missing ones in our house and also just for salvaging glass for repairs to our old wood ones. If you still have them, can you email me? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That is funny timing. I was about to contact you through your blog as I remembered that you commented a long time ago about thinking of trying to reuse our old windows. They are yours.

I will try and find your contact info through your blog. Kate