The 2nd article in the Ottawa Citizen series is coming out this Thursday. I had a fun time doing the interview with Pamela. I don't get to know what was written though until the article is published..... curious....
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi there. Is your house across from a park near Civic Hospital somewhere? Pretty sure it is.
My husband and I went to see it (we were thinking of renovating it to sell) and I fell in love with it,but realized it would have to be a labour of love to restore/renovate it. Not a project to complete, then sell to somebody else!
I'm so glad to see that you saw the great potential in this house (man, did it stink!) and are renovating for yourselves. Best of luck!
That is funny because you are right about the smell of the house when we bought it. The previous owner was a heavy smoker and things had never been upgraded. Apparently, there was a shag carpet upstairs that made things even worse but it was taken out before the open house.
So far so good in terms of the reno we are doing taking care of the smell.
You are also completely right about the amount of work required being a labour of love. This is definitely not a flip house!
2 comments:
Hi there. Is your house across from a park near Civic Hospital somewhere? Pretty sure it is.
My husband and I went to see it (we were thinking of renovating it to sell) and I fell in love with it,but realized it would have to be a labour of love to restore/renovate it. Not a project to complete, then sell to somebody else!
I'm so glad to see that you saw the great potential in this house (man, did it stink!) and are renovating for yourselves. Best of luck!
That is funny because you are right about the smell of the house when we bought it. The previous owner was a heavy smoker and things had never been upgraded. Apparently, there was a shag carpet upstairs that made things even worse but it was taken out before the open house.
So far so good in terms of the reno we are doing taking care of the smell.
You are also completely right about the amount of work required being a labour of love. This is definitely not a flip house!
Post a Comment